Documentation of contrib modules

From: Albert Cervera Areny <albertca(at)hotpop(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Documentation of contrib modules
Date: 2007-06-22 00:57:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,
I think I'll have some spare time and I wanted to add some documentation of
contrib modules as discussed in [1]. Then it was suggested only some of the
contrib modules should be in the main docbook documentation. IMHO all of them
(except start-scripts, probably) should be there so they have more exposure.
I'm sure many PostgreSQL users don't know those contrib modules exist.
I'd like to add a new part after Internals called "Contrib Modules". Also,
one question it comes to mind when looking at the current README files is if
compilation & installation instructions should be there or if with a simple
generic "psql -d dbname -f module.sql" at the part introduction would be
enough? Would do you think?

[1] http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2007-01/msg01443.php