[Pljava-dev] Problem with the Pl\Sql installation in Windows

From: kalaichelvan(dot)manikandan at tenth-planet(dot)com (Manikandan)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] Problem with the Pl\Sql installation in Windows
Date: 2007-05-31 13:06:37
Lists: pljava-dev

Hi,

I am new to postgreSQL and I have the following problem while trying to
follow the setup process for the postgreSQL in Windows,

After installing the PostgreSQL and creating a new role and database I have
tried to install the pl/Java but it shows the following error

I used the below mentuioned command and it shos the error

C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.1\bin>java -cp
..\share\pljava\deploy.jar;..\jdbc\

postgresql-8.1-405.jdbc3.jar org.postgresql.pljava.deploy.Deployer -install
-use

r compiere -database compiere -password compiere

org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: could not load library "C:/Program
Fil

es/PostgreSQL/8.1/lib/libpljava.dll": Access is denied.

at
org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.receiveErrorResponse(QueryEx

ecutorImpl.java:1512)

at
org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.processResults(QueryExecutor

Impl.java:1297)

at
org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.execute(QueryExecutorImpl.ja

va:188)

at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.execute(AbstractJdbc2Stat

ement.java:437)

at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeWithFlags(Abstract

Jdbc2Statement.java:339)

at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.execute(AbstractJdbc2Stat

ement.java:331)

at
org.postgresql.pljava.deploy.Deployer.initJavaHandlers(Deployer.java:

432)

at org.postgresql.pljava.deploy.Deployer.main(Deployer.java:275)

Process I followed for the Installation Process

1. In the %Path% of the Environment variables I have given the values

c:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_07\lib;
C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_07\bin;
C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_07\jre\bin\client;
C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_07\jre\bin;
C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.1\bin;
c:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.1\lib;

2. After that I have followed the process to install from Step 2 given
below.

3. After installation of the PostgreSQL I have craeted a New Role and
Database successfully by using the Command Prompt in the PostGreSQL (Refer
Diag:1) as Given in the Step 3.

4. After thst I have cchanged the file postgresql.conf with the below
mentioned details

custom_variable_classes = 'pljava'
pljava.classpath = 'C:\\Program
Files\\PostgreSQL\\8.1\\share\\pljava\\pljava.jar'
pljava.release_lingering_savepoints = true
pljava.vmoptions = '-Xmx64M -Dbackchannel.port=48'
pljava.debug = false

5. After that I have tried to Install PL/Java by using the command.

C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.1\bin>java -cp
..\share\pljava\deploy.jar;..\jdbc\postgresql-8.1-405.jdbc3.jar
org.postgresql.pljava.deploy.Deployer -install -user compiere -database
compiere -password Compiere

But when trying to run the command in the Command Prompt in the Diagram
given below

But in the console it showed the error message

org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: could not load library "C:/Program
Fil

es/PostgreSQL/8.1/lib/libpljava.dll": Access is denied.

Please suggest me the solution for the problem I am trying to solve this for
the past two days by so many ways , but nothing is working,So please help me
to solve this problem.

These are the Steps for Installing the PostgreSQL in my System

PostgreSQL Installation in Windows (with PL/Java) for the Compiere

1) Preparation

Fill the following values in path:

c:\<<pathjava>>\lib;
C:\<<pathjava>>\bin;
C:\<<pathjava>>\jre\bin\client;
C:\<<pathjava>>\jre\bin;
C:\<<pathpg>>\8.1\bin;
c:\<<pathpg>>\8.1\lib;

where,

<<pathjava>> = java installation path
<<pathpg>> = postgresql installation path

In my example:

c:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_07\lib;
C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_07\bin;
C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_07\jre\bin\client;
C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_07\jre\bin;
C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.1\bin;
c:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.1\lib;

2) PostgreSQL Installation

Run the PostgreSQL Installer and follow the instructions according pictures.

If the option Pl/Java is unchecked checked it.

If the option Development is unchecked checked it.

This windows is about install PostgreSQL as windows service.

If postgres user not exists, then installer make it.

Creation PostgreSQL superuser, encoding configuration and security
configuration.

Is the network access option is checked in previous window, this window is
displayed.

Next

3) Database creation

Follow the instructions according pictures:

Create database compiere user.

Database creation.

4) PlJava Installation

4.1) Configuration

- Open the <<pathpg>>/data/postgresql.conf
- Type in the end file:

custom_variable_classes = 'pljava'
pljava.classpath = 'C:\\Program
Files\\PostgreSQL\\8.1\\share\\pljava\\pljava.jar'
pljava.release_lingering_savepoints = true
pljava.vmoptions = '-Xmx64M -Dbackchannel.port=48'
pljava.debug = false

IMPORTANT: Restart PostgreSQL

4.2) PL/Java Installation in PostgreSQL

This option will install the pl/java functions in compiere database.
Attemption to the deploy.jar and postgresql-8.1-405.jdbc3 path.

4.3) Installing Compiere Functions in Database

- psql -U compiere compiere
- CREATE SCHEMA compiere;
- SET search_path TO compiere,sqlj;
- SELECT sqlj.install_jar('file:///c:\\Compiere2\\lib\\sqlj.jar', 'sqlj',
true);
- SELECT sqlj.set_classpath('compiere', 'sqlj');

5) Import Compiere Dump

psql -U compiere compiere -f C:\Compiere2\data\CompierePG.sql

6) Checking

Open the PGAdmin program and verify the following parameters in schemas of
compiere database:

* Compiere Schema:

* Functions: 66
* Operators: 2
* Tables: 522 (approximate)

* Sqlj Schema

* Functions: 9
* Sequences: 2
* Tables: 3 (or for according PostgreSQL version)
* Records in classpath_entry table: 1
* Records in jar_entry table: 8
* Records in jar_repository table: 1