pgpool redundancy question

From: Kevin Kempter <kevin(at)kevinkempterllc(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgpool redundancy question
Date: 2007-05-30 19:46:35
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi List;

It seems that in a replication scenario pgpool becomes the single point of
failure, i.e. if we loose the pgpool box were dead. Any thoughts,
suggestions, best practices, etc per creating redundancy in the pgpool layer?

I've posted to the pgpool list as well but I wanted to get some thoughts on
how the postgresql community has dealt with this...

Thanks in advance