Re: R: Postgres 8.3-dev

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Paolo Saudin <paolo(at)ecometer(dot)it>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: R: Postgres 8.3-dev
Date: 2007-05-04 07:38:45
Lists: pgsql-general

On Fri, May 04, 2007 at 09:00:32AM +0200, Paolo Saudin wrote:
> I am trying to install the 8.3-dev version on a Vmware virtual machine with
> WinXP SP2. I am able to install the 8.2.4.1 version with no problem using
> the very same settings for both servers as follow:

There is no 8.2.4.1 version. There is 8.2.4 or 8.2.1. or are you using
EnterpriseDB and not PostgreSQL? IIRC, the installer is differnt there...

> SETTINGS :
> Account name postgres with password postmaster

Is this both for the service account and the superuser account? Does this
accoutn already exist, or is the installer creating it?

> I then reset the virtual machine and installed the 8.2 with no problem. At
> that point I tried to install the 8.3-dev with the account created by the
> 8.2 installation and I end up the same error.

Any ideas on this Dave?

//Magnus