postgres error message upon boot

From: Gerard Seibert <gerard(at)seibercom(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: postgres error message upon boot
Date: 2007-03-25 13:08:42
Lists: pgsql-general

FreeBSD-6.2
(PostgreSQL) 8.2.3

Occasionally, when booting up, I receive this error message:

<quote>

Mar 25 08:28:24 scorpio postgres[756]: [1-1] FATAL: the database
system is starting up

<end quote>

Since it only happens occasionally, I have not been able to figure out
what is causing it. It will usually, although not always, not happen
when I next boot the system.

Any ideas on how to correct this problem would be welcomed.

--
Gerard

A man is known by the company he organizes.

A. Bierce