Re: WSAStartup() in libpq

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: WSAStartup() in libpq
Date: 2007-03-08 15:28:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Mar 08, 2007 at 10:10:28AM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> > So I suggest the following simple patch.. Any objections?
>
> One wonders if we need DllMain() at all any more. We certainly don't
> need that switch statement ...

Indeed. Looking even more into it (sheesh, I really didn't do my
homework here), libpqdll.c isn't even *compiled* on mingw. Or on the new
MSVC build. It's only compiled on the old msvc build. Given that, we can
probably just delete the file.

> Also, isn't the WSACleanup() in freePGconn in the wrong place? Seems
> like it shouldn't be done until after we've closed the socket. I'd
> be inclined to put it at the bottom of the routine.

Certainly looks wrong. It's interesting how this could have worked
*before*. That's a clear indication that it really doesn't appear to
matter much what we do here :S

The patch would then look something like this, and a remove of
libpqdll.c.

//Magnus

Attachment Content-Type Size
libpq.diff text/plain 3.8 KB