create operator class problem

From: Ron Peterson <ron(dot)peterson(at)yellowbank(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: create operator class problem
Date: 2007-02-06 15:31:08
Lists: pgsql-general

I wanted to play with ltree, but I'm having trouble running ltree.sql.
Everything in ltree.sql seems to work, except for the CREATE OPERATOR
CLASS statements, which error out like:

ERROR: syntax error at or near "OPERATOR10"
LINE 3: OPERATOR10<@ (_ltree, ltree)RECHECK ,

...which is generated from:

CREATE OPERATOR CLASS gist__ltree_ops
DEFAULT FOR TYPE _ltree USING gist AS
OPERATOR 10 <@ (_ltree, ltree) RECHECK ,
OPERATOR 11 @> (ltree, _ltree) RECHECK ,
OPERATOR 12 ~ (_ltree, lquery) RECHECK ,
OPERATOR 13 ~ (lquery, _ltree) RECHECK ,
OPERATOR 14 @ (_ltree, ltxtquery) RECHECK ,
OPERATOR 15 @ (ltxtquery, _ltree) RECHECK ,
OPERATOR 16 ? (_ltree, _lquery) RECHECK ,
OPERATOR 17 ? (_lquery, _ltree) RECHECK ,
FUNCTION 1 _ltree_consistent (internal, internal, int2),
FUNCTION 2 _ltree_union (internal, internal),
FUNCTION 3 _ltree_compress (internal),
FUNCTION 4 ltree_decompress (internal),
FUNCTION 5 _ltree_penalty (internal, internal, internal),
FUNCTION 6 _ltree_picksplit (internal, internal),
FUNCTION 7 _ltree_same (internal, internal, internal),
STORAGE ltree_gist;

I'm running PostgreSQL 8.2.1.

I also gave the 'seg' contrib module a whirl, and it also errors out on
the CREATE OPERATOR CLASS statement.

--
Ron Peterson
https://www.yellowbank.com/