Re: Switching to mailman (Re: [Fwd: NDN: Re: [ODBC] Connect without queries?])

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Devrim GUNDUZ <devrim(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Switching to mailman (Re: [Fwd: NDN: Re: [ODBC] Connect without queries?])
Date: 2007-02-05 22:17:52
Lists: pgsql-www

Devrim,

> With Mailman, we will have a better web interface, human-controllable
> web interface. Also we can have more people to administrate the mailing
> lists. It also has an e-mail interface so that people, who does not want
> to use web interface for moderation issues, can use it.

Actually, I personally find the web interface for majordomo much easier to
use than Mailman. And I do both for pgfoundry and postgresql.org. For
one thing, the mailman interface has a tendency to force you to re-log-in
repeatedly, which is really annoying. Also, it has no way to do "discard
all e-mails in moderation queue"; you *have* to do them one at a time.

No question the e-mail CLI for mailman is better though.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun