Re: How to coordinate web team for security releases?

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>
Subject: Re: How to coordinate web team for security releases?
Date: 2007-02-05 22:06:28
Lists: pgsql-www

Andrew,

> OTOH, reducing the number of addresses to include in these
> co-ordinations (since packagers presumably need to be alerted too)
> mightn't be a bad idea.

yeah, I'm thinking two (and only two) lists:
pgsql-packagers: for actual release building
press-contacts: for release FAQ.

I know the second adds more people, but I'm realizing that it's important
that our Regional Contacts know about the releases before they go out.
Otherwise we risk a press person actually calling, say, Nick about a
release and having him say "what security issue?" Also, the RCs are a
good way to dissemenate important update information to our
non-English-language communities.

The question is which is more appropriate for the web folks? I'm thinking
-packagers, because the web folks need to know when the actual packages
will be ready and any delays.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus