plperl exception catching

From: Marc Evans <Marc(at)SoftwareHackery(dot)Com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: plperl exception catching
Date: 2006-12-13 18:57:13
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi -

Is it accurate for me to believe that there is no way to catch exception
within plperl? For example, if an update fails, I'd like to do an insert.
Yes, this is trivial to do in plpgsql, but sadly plpgsql is not usable due
to not supporting variable variables. If plperl can't catch exceptions, is
there a language that can be used?

Thanks in advance - Marc