autovac hung/blocked

From: "Ed L(dot)" <pgsql(at)bluepolka(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: autovac hung/blocked
Date: 2006-11-14 18:20:30
Lists: pgsql-general

I have an 8.1.2 autovac which appears to be hanging/blocking
every few days or so, but we're don't understand what's causing
it. I wasn't able to catch a backtrace before we killed it. I
do not see autovac locks in the pg_locks view.

Will running 8.1.5 buy me anything in terms of being able to see
what it has locked and what locks it might be awaiting? Or
maybe in terms of bugs that might explain it?

TIA.
Ed