Re: Linux vs. FreeBSD

From: Enrico <scotty(at)linuxtime(dot)it>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Linux vs. FreeBSD
Date: 2006-11-10 08:24:58
Lists: pgsql-general

On Tue, 7 Nov 2006 10:12:57 -0600
"Bart McFarling" <bartm(at)iilogistics(dot)com> wrote:

> We are installing a new Postgresql server, it will not run anything else
> but postgresql. We are currently looking at moving from a RHEL 4.0
> system to FreeBSD.
>
> Does one OS offer better performace over the other when running
> postgresql?

I had best performance on FreeBSD with his file system.

Look at this link.
http://www.postgresql.org/files/documentation/books/aw_pgsql/hw_performance/node11.html

Bye Enrico

--
If Bill Gates had a penny for everytime Windows crashed,he'd be a multi-billionaire by now .......oh look, he already is !!!!
scotty(at)linuxtime(dot)it - Skype:sscotty71