BUG #2739: INTERSECT ALL not working

From: "Mason Hale" <masonhale(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #2739: INTERSECT ALL not working
Date: 2006-11-06 17:33:20
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 2739
Logged by: Mason Hale
Email address: masonhale(at)gmail(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 8.1.5
Operating system: GNU/Linux 2.6.9-42.0.3.ELsmp
Details:

'INTERSECT ALL' does not return duplicate rows in a query.

The query below should return 10 rows, but it returns 5 rows on my system:

(
SELECT tablename
FROM pg_tables
LIMIT 5
)
INTERSECT ALL
(
(
SELECT tablename
FROM pg_tables
LIMIT 5
)
UNION ALL
(
SELECT tablename
FROM pg_tables
LIMIT 5
)
)

Note, the above is a simplied query meant to demonstrate the problem. This
same behavior occurs (and was discovered) in real-world situations with
user-defined tables.

This is nearly a deal-stopper for our application. Please reply to let me
know the status of this report.

Thanks,
Mason Hale