verifying data integrity after migrating for postgres 7.3 to postgres 8.1

From: Najib Abi Fadel <nabifadel(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: verifying data integrity after migrating for postgres 7.3 to postgres 8.1
Date: 2006-10-20 07:03:35
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

i migrated my database from postgres 7.3 to postgres
8.1.

I was wondering if there is a way to verify that data
has been well copied betweeen the 2 versions !

I thought about writing a script that will verify that
we have the same tables and the same number of lines
per table between the 2 databases.

Has anyone done that before ?

Is there any other way for verification ?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Najib.