Re: bug or feature, || -operator and NULLs

From: "Jim C(dot) Nasby" <jim(at)nasby(dot)net>
To: Mario Weilguni <mario(dot)weilguni(at)icomedias(dot)com>
Cc: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, Lukas Kahwe Smith <smith(at)pooteeweet(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: bug or feature, || -operator and NULLs
Date: 2006-10-18 18:38:23
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Yes, well, we english speakers get to deal with the monstrosity that is
'www'. :)

In any case, I believe coalesce is in the standard, and even if it's
not, Oracle is the only database I know of that doesn't use it.

If you're that unhappy with coalesce and ||, you can always create
functions that will do what you want.

On Wed, Oct 18, 2006 at 04:15:00PM +0200, Mario Weilguni wrote:
> Yes it's hard for me, maybe because I am no native english speaker.
>
> -----Urspr?ngliche Nachricht-----

Jim Nasby jim(at)nasby(dot)net