Re: serial column

From: Adrian Klaver <aklaver(at)comcast(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Bob Pawley <rjpawley(at)shaw(dot)ca>
Subject: Re: serial column
Date: 2006-09-25 01:11:51
Lists: pgsql-general

On Sunday 24 September 2006 02:29 pm, Bob Pawley wrote:
> Choice a.
>
> I am using the numbers to identify devices.
>
> If a device is deleted or replaced with another type of device I want the
> numbering to still be sequential.
>
> Bob

Do you have some other way of tracking a device? I am just trying to figure
out how you know which device number 2 (as an example) you are looking at. I
am assuming these devices exist as actual entities. So are these numbers
applied to the actual device and if so are you going to be constantly
renumbering them?

--
Adrian Klaver
aklaver(at)comcast(dot)net