Re: Cannot connect though socket

From: Richard Broersma Jr <rabroersma(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Vinicius Carvalho <java(dot)vinicius(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Novice Postgresql-list <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Cannot connect though socket
Date: 2006-08-07 23:57:38
Lists: pgsql-novice

> Hello there! I've checked using ps and the postmaster is not running
> with the -i option. Since I'm using init.d scripts, I could not find
> the line it calls the postmaster, and I'm not being able to connect to
> the link you provide, could you explain me how to change the startup
> it with -i option?

If that is the case, I would check your init config file:

/etc/conf.d/postgresql

This is where I set the variable to the -i option.

But, before you go to far with this, just for testing purposes why not change your pg_hba.conf
settings to:

"host all all <the actual ipaddress of your client> 255.255.255.0 trust"

if you can't connect with this, then *maybe* something else is wrong.

Oh, when you reply, don't forget to copy the list. Other can also add additional and helpful
advice.

Regards,

Richard Broersma Jr.