Recover lost database from DATA folder

From: "Rohit Prakash Khare" <rohitprakash123(at)indiatimes(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Recover lost database from DATA folder
Date: 2006-08-04 16:13:13
Lists: pgsql-general

I created few tables in one of my PostgreSQL database, but because of some connection
problems I uninstalled it. have a DATA folder of my previous PostgreSQL installation. I want to use this directory on a new computer where I have presently installed PostgreSQL.

I am using PostgreSQL 8.1 and pgAdminIII 1.4.3 on Windows XP. I want that the database in my previous DATA file should get attached to the new pg AdminIII. I have not got any backup of the database, but only the DATA folder is left.

Is there any way?

Rohit.

Sign Up for your FREE eWallet at www.wallet365.com