Re: Starting the 8.2 release process ...

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Starting the 8.2 release process ...
Date: 2006-08-03 14:35:20
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Thursday 03 August 2006 01:57, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Josh Berkus wrote:
> > All,
> >
> > Well, it's that time again. In the next couple of days, we'll be
> > starting to draft the 8.2 release. Here's what needs to be done to
> > draft the release:
> >
> > THEME: Bruce has suggested "usability" since this is a bit of a
>
> How about "polish" or "maturity"?

One theme is that this release should make it easier to migrate to postgresql,
by providing syntax similar to that in other databases. (default updatable
views, multiple single inserts, multiple single update syntax, if exists,
etc...) of course that list is dependent on what actually gets in :-)

--
Robert Treat