Re: [CORE] GPL Source and Copyright Questions

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [CORE] GPL Source and Copyright Questions
Date: 2006-06-22 18:40:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom,

> [ shrug... ] I'm not planning to panic; we've still got explicit GPL
> code that's not been cleaned out of contrib/ yet. (Um, weren't you on
> the hook to move those modules to pgfoundry projects?)

Yeah, thanks for reminding me. Will do before feature freeze. As soon as
I can figure out how to generate a patch that removes directories.

> I think we should endeavor to clean up any license questions going
> forward, but it's useless to worry about the back branches; they are
> what they are, and anyone who actually wants to sue us could do so
> anyway on the strength of releases already out there.

Hmmm ... I don't know. I'd be in favor of providing patches in case people
care enough to fix the issue. Maybe not until the next general patch
release, but with that.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus