Re: semaphore usage "port based"?

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Kris Kennaway <kris(at)obsecurity(dot)org>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, freebsd-stable(at)freebsd(dot)org
Subject: Re: semaphore usage "port based"?
Date: 2006-04-03 03:38:23
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sun, 2 Apr 2006, Kris Kennaway wrote:

> No-one is taking a position of being "uninterested", so please don't
> be hasty to reciprocate.

I just posted it off the -hackers list, but there is an ancient patch in
the FreeBSD queue for implementing Private IPCs for Jails ... not sure why
it was never committed, or what is involved in bring it up to speed with
the current 6.x and / or -current kernels though ... but, as I mentioned
in another thread, I know that *at least* Apache2 makes use of shared
memory for some of its stuff ...

----