Re: Image in postgresql 7.3

From: Frank Finner <postgresql(at)finner(dot)de>
To: Peerri <developis(dot)pr(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: lists(at)nabble(dot)com, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Image in postgresql 7.3
Date: 2006-01-18 14:59:53
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

like Berend, I also store my PDFs in text columns, but I usually use base64 encoding. AFAICS this has the big advantage versus BLOBs that I do not need to care about backup issues. The disadvantage of course is a bigger database (encoding inflates about 30%), so if you have lots and lots of pictures, you might want to use an other method. Another (small) disadvantage is that one has to encode/decode the binary files before storing/after retreiving.

Regards, Frank.

--
Frank Finner

Invenius - Lösungen mit Linux
Köpfchenstraße 36
57072 Siegen
Telefon: 0271 231 8606 Mail: frank(dot)finner(at)invenius(dot)de
Telefax: 0271 231 8608 Web: http://www.invenius.de
Key fingerprint = 90DF FF40 582E 6D6B BADF 6E6A A74E 67E4 E788 2651