Apache::DBI and DBD::Pg

From: Tyler MacDonald <tyler(at)yi(dot)org>
To: dbi-users(at)perl(dot)org, modperl(at)perl(dot)apache(dot)org, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Apache::DBI and DBD::Pg
Date: 2006-01-13 23:53:47
Lists: pgsql-general

Apache::DBI claims that it will reconnect to a database if it's gone away.
DBD::Pg claims that it supports the ping method. However, when I restart my
database server while apache2 is running, all mod_perl pages that are
database driven return internal server errors, no matter how many times I
refresh, with errors like this:

[Fri Jan 13 23:46:28 2006] [error] [client 192.168.99.112] DBD::Pg::db
prepare_cached failed: FATAL: terminating connection due to administrator
command\nserver closed the connection unexpectedly\n\tThis probably means
the server terminated abnormally\n\tbefore or while processing the request.

Here's what I'm using:

DBI - 1.48
DBD::Pg - 1.42
mod_perl2 - 2.000001
Apache::DBI - 0.9901

Has anybody run into this before? Any known workarounds/config changes I
need?

Thanks,
Tyler