'Official' definition of ACID compliance?

From: Russ Brown <pickscrape(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: 'Official' definition of ACID compliance?
Date: 2006-01-05 14:58:00
Lists: pgsql-general

Does anyone know where I can find the 'official' definition of what it
meant by ACID compliance?

We're having a discussion about it that we could do with resolving. In
particular, the key point is what it meant by the 'C' part. I maintain
that MySQL is not ACID compliant because it will (among other things)
swallow integers that don't fit into a column silently and just
truncate it, while our DBA (while agreeing that this is not good
behaviour) maintains that this is not what the C part means: he says
that's just about transaction states (succeed or fail etc).

Anyone have a link?

Thanks.

--

Russ