Re: Restore a PG database in Windows

From: Andreas Kretschmer <akretschmer(at)spamfence(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Restore a PG database in Windows
Date: 2005-11-15 17:23:47
Lists: pgsql-general

josh(at)segrestfarms(dot)com <josh(at)segrestfarms(dot)com> schrieb:

> I am having an extremely difficult time restoring the backup.gz I have on
> my Desktop.

How is this backup.gz created?

> So, I tried using PSQL, but I'm still not having any luck.
>
> Can anyone direct me to a good resource that explains how to go about
> restoring a database on a Windows box?

Can you unzip the backup.gz and is this then plain ascii with plain sql?
If so, than you can call 'psql dbname < backup' (the unzipped file).

Sorry, i'm a linux-user, but i think, this should work under windows
too.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/backup.html

HTH, Andreas
unintentional side effect. (Linus Torvalds)
Kaufbach, Saxony, Germany, Europe. N 51.05082°, E 13.56889°