Re: pgsql: Prevent certain symbols that are used for both

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql: Prevent certain symbols that are used for both
Date: 2005-11-15 15:09:52
Lists: pgsql-committers

Tom Lane wrote:
> momjian(at)svr1(dot)postgresql(dot)org (Bruce Momjian) writes:
> > Prevent certain symbols that are used for both typedefs and variable
> > names from being added to pgindent's typedef list. The existance of
> > them caused weird formatting in the date/type files, and in keywords.c.
>
> Maybe it would be better to do some judicious renaming in the sources
> to avoid the conflicts? ISTM that failing to mark a typedef as such
> will inevitably result in bad formatting of code that uses the name
> as a typedef.

Yea, but I don't want to do anything like that now, especially since
most of the date/time typedefs are used by ecpg and I am unsure what
affect changing those might have.

My logic was that is was better to have ecpg unclearly typedef'ed in a
few places than to have an adt/ file show "interval ->days". "ANY"
is coming from plperl but I can't see from where.

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us