selective dump pg_dump: only specific non-tables? with schema name?

From: "Bath, David" <dave(dot)bath(at)unix(dot)net>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: selective dump pg_dump: only specific non-tables? with schema name?
Date: 2005-11-14 02:08:06
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi folks,

Three questions about pg_dump (that might be a feature request). Let me
know if pg_dump is not the best tool for this sort of thing.

1. Can I pg_dump only non-table information from the command line
e.g. single function, all functions, trigger definitions?

2. Can I pg_dump schema objects that include the schema prefix "inline"
e.g. CREATE FUNCTION "fred"."func1"

3. Can I pg_dump "CREATE OR REPLACE" rather than straight "CREATE",
especially for functions?

--
David T. Bath
dave(dot)bath(at)unix(dot)net