Ordering and unicode

From: Michael Schuerig <michael(at)schuerig(dot)de>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Ordering and unicode
Date: 2005-11-10 20:31:48
Lists: pgsql-general

I have a database on PostgreSQL 8.0.3 with unicode (utf-8) encoding,
client encoding is set to unicode, too. LC_COLLATE for the cluster is
de_DE(dot)iso885915(at)euro(dot) I noticed that that collation doesn't work for
two-byte characters, apparently they are ordered bytewise.

My current conjecture is that I'd have to re-initialize the cluster with
a utf-8 collation. Is this correct? Right now I don't have access to
the machine and can't check this.

Michael

--
Michael Schuerig Face reality and stare it down
mailto:michael(at)schuerig(dot)de --Jethro Tull, Silver River Turning