Re: Replicating databases

From: Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Replicating databases
Date: 2005-11-03 21:51:17
Lists: pgsql-general

On Wed, Nov 02, 2005 at 03:44:26PM -0800, Marc Munro wrote:

> experts there may suggest a better solution. I have seen talk of
> disabling the standard slony triggers to allow this sort of thing but
> whether that is more or less nasty is questionable.

FWIW, I don't think that's the question; it's more like whether it'd
be merely horribly nasty or likely to break in unexpected and really
painful ways. ;-) But the discussion around that surely should move
to the Slony list.

This work was visionary and imaginative, and goes to show that visionary
and imaginative work need not end up well.
--Dennis Ritchie