Re: FAQ/HTML standard?

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Bruno Wolff III <bruno(at)wolff(dot)to>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Subject: Re: FAQ/HTML standard?
Date: 2005-09-10 22:56:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> > XHTML is simply a minimal reformulation of HTML in XML, and even
> > uses the HTML 4.01 definitions for its semantics. Given that, it's
> > hard to see why it should be considered a bad thing.
>
> Here is the article:
> http://www.hixie.ch/advocacy/xhtml

While I believe that the reasoning in the article is totally bogus, the
article only talks about which MIME type should be used for XHTML, not
about whether the format should be used. Note that if you support the
conclusion of the article, you may find the entire PostgreSQL web site
objectionable.

--
Peter Eisentraut