Need help on SpikeSource Testing Contest

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Need help on SpikeSource Testing Contest
Date: 2005-08-18 18:48:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Folks,

Those of you who went to OSCON may have heard that SpikeSource is having a
contest to increase testing code coverage of popular OSS projects. The
contest involves prizes of up to $2500 for test writers.

Given that we have people in the community who have been thinking about
testing, and just need a little encouragement, I'd really like PostgreSQL
to participate (and so would SpikeSource).

There's two things I'd like to have help with in this regard:

1) I need the committed help of one or more pgsql-committers who can
evaluate stuff submitted to our regression test suite. The contest
doesn't coincide with our development cycle (it's 9/15 to 12/30), so we
may need to evaluate a new test at a time when we can't actually commit it
to HEAD. Andrew? Neil? Bruce?

2) Do we have a coding standards document anywhere? There's a lot of
stuff in the Developer FAQ but it doesn't quite lay out at "this is what
your code has to have to be accepted". I'd swear I've seen something of
the sort ...

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus