Re: plphp: PHP Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated

From: CSN <cool_screen_name90001(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Roman Neuhauser <neuhauser(at)sigpipe(dot)cz>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: plphp: PHP Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated
Date: 2005-08-11 23:49:25
Lists: pgsql-general

I'm using PHP5, and I'm not passing by reference. My
first stop WAS plphp.commandprompt.com, but none of
their mailing list links for plphp work.

CSN

> # jd ( at ) commandprompt ( dot ) com / 2005-08-11
15:45:18 -0700:
> > Roman Neuhauser wrote:
> > ># cool_screen_name90001 ( at ) yahoo ( dot ) com
/ 2005-08-11 13:23:52 -0700:

pass-by-reference
If
the
you
pass-by-reference, you
in your
support
1

> > > Yes.
> > >

> > Actually the below is incorrect. He should be
visiting
> > plphp.commandprompt.com and signing up for the
list there.

> Why? What does the generic warning emitted by
PHP 4 (no need to get
> PostgreSQL into the mix) since forever on code
like this:

> function foo($arg) {} /* foo is declared to take
$arg by value */
> foo(&$var); /* $var is passed by reference */
>
> have to do with PL/PHP?
>
> > > It's completely off topic here, however.
You'll find more help in
> > > the PHP manual and/or php-general ( at )
lists ( dot ) php ( dot ) net (you can subscribe

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs