Re: Query stucked in pg_stat_activity

From: Michael Fuhr <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org>
To: Csaba Nagy <nagy(at)ecircle-ag(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Query stucked in pg_stat_activity
Date: 2005-08-09 14:35:21
Lists: pgsql-general

On Tue, Aug 09, 2005 at 04:25:30PM +0200, Csaba Nagy wrote:
> The logs don't show the "statistics buffer is full" message as suggested
> by Tom, but ITOH "log_min_messages = info", and that message might be a
> debug level one.

The message is in src/backend/postmaster/pgstat.c:

if (!overflow)
{
ereport(LOG,
(errmsg("statistics buffer is full")));
overflow = true;
}

For log_min_messages, LOG is just above FATAL and PANIC, so I'd
expect those messages to appear in the logs if they're happening.
But I don't recall seeing them either.

> In any case it seems my system can readily reproduce the issue whenever
> I place a bigger load on it...

I was also able to reproduce the behavior when running pgbench with
sufficiently high settings.

--
Michael Fuhr