could not bind IPv6 socket

From: hisatomo(at)ctc-g(dot)co(dot)jp
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: could not bind IPv6 socket
Date: 2005-08-02 01:28:19
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi, Does anyone have any experience to see the messaege below?

%pg_ctl start
postmaster starting
LOG: could not bind IPv6 socket:
HINT: Is another postmaster already running on port 5432? If not, wait a few seconds and retry.

We don't use IPv6. Also, DB seems to be alright.
I hope it doesn't have any bad cause to have problems.

Would it be ok to ignore the messages?
Does anyone know the way to make the log not appear?

OS:Solaris9
Version:8.03(64bit)

Thanks in advance,
Sincerely,