Re: Trigger problem

From: Michael Fuhr <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org>
To: "Alejandro D(dot) Burne" <alejandro(dot)dburne(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Trigger problem
Date: 2005-07-20 18:23:59
Lists: pgsql-general

On Wed, Jul 20, 2005 at 03:00:42PM -0300, Alejandro D. Burne wrote:
> Hi, I'll be trying to write a my first trigger which fire when an user
> makes an insert into a table; this insert records in others tables.
> But when I try to insert a record in trigger's table generate an error:
> - Syntax error near "into" in char 9. -

The INSERT statement itself might be at fault instead of the trigger
function. Please post the INSERT statement and the complete, exact
error message (there are probably multiple lines). If that doesn't
tell us what's wrong, then we'll need to see a self-contained
example, i.e., all SQL statements that somebody could execute in
an empty database to reproduce the problem.

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/