prepared queries in plperl

From: Dmitry Karasik <dmitry(at)karasik(dot)eu(dot)org>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: prepared queries in plperl
Date: 2005-07-15 15:17:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

I needed prepared queries in plperl, but there's none, so I baked a patch that
defines two extra perl functions, spi_prepare and spi_exec_prepared, and it
seems to work more-less ok. The patch is here,

http://www.karasik.eu.org/misc/plperl.diff

but it's not in any way a final patch; having no previous experience with
postgres server programming there's a fat chance I forgot or misplaced
something, especially that most of it is copy-pasted from plperl.c and pltcl.c
. I would like to ask if someone could review it, so I could reshape it into
something more appropriate for including into -devel.

--
Thanks,
Dmitry Karasik

---