Re: SQL99 - Nested Tables

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: SQL99 - Nested Tables
Date: 2005-07-08 00:14:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

David,

>Nested tables is a
> Good Thing(TM) though :)

Hmmm. I don't buy that they are an a priori Good Thing. What are they
good for? I can't think of a single occasion in my 12-year database
career where I found myself wanting one.

Seems to me that, SQL standard or not, nested tables are just a jumbo-sized
foot gun for new DBAs. And it's not like they'll be trivial to implement.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions