Postgres 8.0 windows processes, field testing, and Hibernate

From: Scott Goldstein <sgoldstein(at)apache(dot)org>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Postgres 8.0 windows processes, field testing, and Hibernate
Date: 2005-06-24 04:39:07
Lists: pgsql-general

I had a couple of questions about Postgres 8.0 on Windows platforms:

1. Has Postgres 8.0 seen many field deployments yet? What have been the results?
2. When running a test against Postgress, I noticed in the Windows task manager that several postgres.exe processes we're created. What controls the number? Why more than one?
3. Has anyone tried to integrate Hibernate with Postgres 8.0?

Thanks for the info.

Scott