Re: Proposal for building knowledgebase website.

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Proposal for building knowledgebase website.
Date: 2005-06-09 20:14:16
Lists: pgsql-www

Dave,

> I've gotta assume you're either sleeping from the travelling you've been
> doing, or didn't read what I wrote. I said we don't need anything but
> HTML initially. *We* will be porting data from techdocs for some time
> into any new system long before we will be ready to even let end users
> see it. There is no need to build a complex interface to begin with for
> that purpose.

Hmm, no, I think I understood you. Particularly since you said as well:
"We don't want end users directly adding content anyway."

If the new Techdocs is and easy-to-use WYSWYG CMS, then *other people* can
help port the existing Techdocs content. If it's another raw-HTML site,
then you and Robert are stuck doing it all. You and Robert do a
spectacular job, but if I were in your shoes I'd be looking for ways to
broaden the maintenance/content generation effort.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions