pg_autovacuum settings

From: "Michael Ryan S(dot) Puncia" <mpuncia(at)census(dot)gov(dot)ph>
To: <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pg_autovacuum settings
Date: 2005-06-09 09:19:55
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hi,

My Secenario :

P4 with 1G of memory on Fedora Core

about 100 inserts/update per hour

about 100 query per minute

20 concurrent connections

1. What is the best parameter setting in the pg_autovacuum for my scenario ?

2. what will be my sleep setting if i want to execute pg_autovacuum only
after 10 hrs after the last execution.

Sorry for asking those stupid question but is this my first time to use
pg_autovacuum and i can't understand the

README.pg_autovacuum file :)

The default parameters in pg_autovacuum.h makes my box suffer some resources
problem.

Thanks