Re: To SPAM or not to SPAM...

From: Shelby Cain <alyandon(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Richard_D_Levine(at)raytheon(dot)com, Geoffrey <esoteric(at)3times25(dot)net>
Cc: Postgresql-General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgsql-general-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: To SPAM or not to SPAM...
Date: 2005-06-08 14:32:54
Lists: pgsql-general

--- Richard_D_Levine(at)raytheon(dot)com wrote:

> I post to this list occasionally, and yet get maybe one spam email a
> month.
> YMMV. Don't tell anyone, but I got a line on a great deal in
> Nigeria.
>
> Rick

I posted on this list with this yahoo.com address and now receive
upwards of 30-40 spam emails per day. I was more than slightly
irritated to see that whoever operates the list<->usenet gateway
doesn't bother to obfuscate our email addresses.

Fortunately, yahoo's spam filter correctly categorizes 99% of the
incoming spam properly and places it in the bulk mail folder but this
account used to only receive maybe 5 spam emails a month.

Regards,

Shelby Cain

Yahoo! Mail Mobile
http://mobile.yahoo.com/learn/mail