Relation between pgsql_tmp and work_mem

From: Himanshu Baweja <himanshubaweja(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Relation between pgsql_tmp and work_mem
Date: 2005-05-16 10:51:16
Lists: pgsql-general

I read somewhere in the archives we can set work_mem
to the largest size of tmp file created in the
pgsql_tmp folder....
but how can i make those files in pgsql_tmp not be
deleted after use... so that i can get the file
listing for all files created during the run...
currently i am doing "ls -l " sampling at 1s.... is
there a better way....

Himanshu