Re: select within aggregate?

From: Vortex <vortex25(at)gmx(dot)de>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: select within aggregate?
Date: 2005-05-06 08:40:30
Lists: pgsql-sql

On Fri, 6 May 2005 13:34:26 +0530
"Ramakrishnan Muralidharan" <ramakrishnanm(at)pervasive-postgres(dot)com> wrote:

> SELECT abc.remote_host , c , abc.request_uri , a.t FROM abc , ( select remote_host , count(*) as c , max( ts ) as t from abc group by remote_host ) as a
> where a.remote_host = abc.remote_host and abc.ts = a.t

I thought about this too. But what happens if there are accidentally two
sets with same timestamp in the table? I suppose the outer select would
match both of them. But a DISTINCT should help to avoid this.
Ok, if you think this is the propper way to meet the
requirement i will do so.

Thank you for your answer!

Klaus