user connection over tcp

From: "Frank Habermann" <postgres(at)lordlamer(dot)de>
To: <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: user connection over tcp
Date: 2005-04-18 13:31:09
Lists: pgsql-sql

hello!

i have some problems to understand the manual with pg_hba.conf.

i use a tcp connection with phppgadmin to connect to the db. in my pg_hba.conf i say for this connection trust! in phppgadmin i need the for my user the right password to connect. but the manual says that every password will accepted. why isnt that work at me?

i also try password in pg_hba.conf for my tcpconnections. but after this i cant connect to the db. but the manual says that users with right password can connect. but this doesnt work here.

can somebody explain me whats wrong with me or my postgre?!

thx

frank habermann