Re: Pgsql config file

From: "Uwe C(dot) Schroeder" <uwe(at)oss4u(dot)com>
To: "Leif B(dot) Kristensen" <leif(at)solumslekt(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Pgsql config file
Date: 2005-04-18 20:02:23
Lists: pgsql-general

On Monday 18 April 2005 12:16, Leif B. Kristensen wrote:
> On Monday 18 April 2005 21:07, Gavin M. Roy wrote:
> > Thank you for posting to a better list for these questions. Check
> > your postgresql.conf file and make sure it's accepting TCP/IP
> > connections on the IP you're looking for. If you look in your PGDATA
> > directory you should find the config file, and if you open it and
> > read it, it's well commented so you should be able to find the
> > settting you need to tweak.
>
> There's one thing I've been wondering about: Why isn't the postgresql
> config file in /etc, with all the rest?

Because it would make multiple installs of different postgres versions
hard/impossible to do. You'd also have file access problems since postgres
doesn't run as root. It's also nicely "everything in one spot"

UC

--
Open Source Solutions 4U, LLC 2570 Fleetwood Drive
Phone: +1 650 872 2425 San Bruno, CA 94066