Re: Cloning design

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: "PostgreSQL www" <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Cloning design
Date: 2005-04-16 17:11:01
Lists: pgsql-www

Dave,

> Who is 'we'?

Oh, yeah, whoops. GreenPlum, inc., who used to be Metapa, Inc. I've been
working for them for the last couple of months.

> It's been widely acknowledged that there are too many sites already, and
> to that end we've been working hard to merge them together. Why another
> new one now, or when you say community, are you speaking in the wider
> sense rather than the focus of this group?

Well, this will be a project site, like jdbc.postgresql.org or
www.pgbuildfarm.org. Just somewhat larger than those. And more hyped.
Dot-coms, you know.

I'll have a post to -announce tommorrow explaining the new project .... once
the site is up.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions