Numeric and CSV under 8.0.1 ?

From: Stef <stef(at)ummon(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Numeric and CSV under 8.0.1 ?
Date: 2005-04-08 16:51:47
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hello Everyone,
Currently, here at work, I am doing the whole
'advocacy' part of postgreSQL. It's not really hard to
do, as the other database's are MySQL and Sybase ;)

There is obviously a whole spat of data munging
going on in the background, and I noticed that psql in
8.0.1 now accepts CSV ! Great.

Except, it doesn't really appear to be 100% there.
Numeric's wrapped in '...' don't want to appear to go in.
Is this a 'known problem' ?

Table "public.visitor_main"
Column | Type | Modifiers
------------------+----------------------+------------------------------
iuserid | numeric(12,0) | not null
firstname | character(25) | not null
lastname | character(25) | not null

Sample Data line
'3236','Alonzo','Peter'

ERROR: invalid input syntax for type numeric: "'3236'"
CONTEXT: COPY visitor_main, line 1, column iuserid: "'3236'"

Thoughts ?
Regards
Steph