Calling trigger function from a function

From: "Keith Worthington" <keithw(at)narrowpathinc(dot)com>
To: "PostgreSQL Novice" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Calling trigger function from a function
Date: 2005-04-01 17:01:10
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi All,

I have a trigger function that is normally called when table2 is updated. I
would like to reuse this code in a circumstance where I would like to call it
once after making updates to almost every row in table1. I can't see adding
it as a trigger to table1 as the trigger function does a lot of work. Short
of duplicating the code and creating the identical function with a different
return type can this be done?

Kind Regards,
Keith