Re: No triggers visible for different user in information_schema.triggers

From: Michael Fuhr <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org>
To: Oliver Brück <oliver(dot)brueck(at)waagner-biro(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: No triggers visible for different user in information_schema.triggers
Date: 2005-02-17 17:43:32
Lists: pgsql-sql

On Thu, Feb 17, 2005 at 04:58:24PM +0100, Oliver Brück wrote:

> SELECT * FROM information_schema.triggers;
>
> returns an empty result. I thought this is caused by a lack of
> priviliges, but USER1 as well as USER2 are superusers.

The PostgreSQL documentation defines information_schema.triggers as:

The view triggers contains all triggers defined in the current
database that are owned by the current user. (The owner of the
table is the owner of the trigger.)

SQL:1999 defines the TRIGGERS view as:

Identify the triggers in this catalog that are owned by a given
user.

SQL:2003 (Working Draft) says:

Identify the triggers on tables in this catalog that are accessible
to a given user or role.

Apparently PostgreSQL implements the SQL:1999 specification of
information_schema.triggers.

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/