Re: Is there a peer-to-peer server solution with PG?

From: Mike Nolan <nolan(at)gw(dot)tssi(dot)com>
To: david(at)fetter(dot)org (David Fetter)
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org (pgsql general list)
Subject: Re: Is there a peer-to-peer server solution with PG?
Date: 2005-02-04 01:03:36
Lists: pgsql-general

> Slony-1 is perfectly capable of replicating to a slave database, then
> letting you decide to promote it to master, which is just what you'd
> need. Why are you asking about multi-master?

I am concerned that if I have to support the traffic to keep the slave
unit in sync PLUS support general database use from the 'slaved' office
to the master one, on the same comm line, I might start running into
congestion issues.

We will have people actively working the database in both office for
a period of several weeks to several months, depending on how the final
transfer plan unfolds.

Master/Slave is probably an acceptable solution, I was just wondering if
there was a multi-master one available yet.
--
Mike Nolan